Monday, May 12, 2014

WHAT DO YOU HUNGER FOR?

We all face wishes each day we exist.  Its a natural thing... and expected...

Even if those wishes start out as simple as "I wish the weather was hotter/cooler"; "I wish my shoe hadn't broken"; "I wished I hadn't said that".  We sometimes say the word "wish" without realizing what we are really saying.
George Elliot once said:  "It seems to me we can never give up longing and wishing while we are thoroughly alive. There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger after them".

Hunger.  A strange word really.

                                                             What do I hunger for?

Each day I wish to be more patient with those around me.  What am I doing to make it happen?  That is the question isn't it? WELL.. I am taking a deep breath and trying to picture myself on the other side of the situation.  It really does help.  When I accomplish this small task, the hunger gets bigger and bigger.. to try it again.. to do well and  to succeed again!


What do you hunger for?    Please share with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment